Some small changes have been made to the Nugget Nationals regulations, after we received some queries from a number of entrants and to improve safety. Here’s a run down of the specific clauses that have been altered:
* Clause T12 (b) regarding guard modifications has been clarified to exactly define the area in which guards may be modified and Figure 1 has been added to illustrate this point.
* Clause T4 (a) now includes the wording “excluding any fees or registration costs.” to not unfairly advantage those who buy cheaper unregistered or un-roadworthy cars
* Clause T3 (a) regarding the total budget for preparing a nugget now “excludes any safety devices” to entrants to use good quality safety equipment without compromising on price
* Wheel spacer thickness has been limited by adding “with thickness no greater than 25mm” to clause T8 (c)
* Section T8 (d) has been added “(d) Wheel nuts must have a minimum of one stud diameter of engagement on the wheel stud eg. an M12x1.5 wheel nut must engage the stud by 12mm or 8 full turns.” to ensure the safety of our precious Nuggets from unintended wheel departures.
Remember that if you’ve got any issues with the regulations, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! The full regulations can be read HERE.