With the WRX and Evo teams calling foul, the mighty Civic Shuttle was promptly banned from WRC for being too excellent. Gwyn’s here to talk about the pressure of owning such a rare AWD beast.
1) Name – Gwyn Morgan
2) Nugget car of choice – 1988 Honda Civic Wagon/Shuttle
3) Other cars/Previous cars – Current B18C swapped CRX, previous was a B16A powered CRX
4) How did you hear about Nugget nationals? – EXE Crew/Word of mouth.
5) What made you want to join Nugget nationals? – Years of photographing track cars and always felt like I was on the wrong side of the fence.
6) Why did you pick the car you have to be your Nugget vehicle of choice? – Ran out of funds so I decided to run my daily driver.
7) What is your favourite thing/feature about your Nugget? – Exclusivity!! There’s possibly only around 20 of these things still running in Australia. Only around 100 came into the country!
8) A random fact about you – I cannot swim, like really if the water is over 1.8m deep I’m stuffed!!
9) Funniest thing about your car – The car has taken on the name ‘Carl’. literally people will just ask me how Carl is doing.