1) Name – Blandon Le
2) Nugget car of choice – 2000 Toyota Echo 1.3
3) Other cars you own or have owned – 1989 AE92 Corolla CSX Hatchback
4) How did you hear about Nugget Nationals? – Browsing around on what to do with my Echo and stumbled upon the Nugget Nationals Webpage in Early 2015 and decided to prep/race the nugget in 2016.
5) What made you want to join Nugget Nationals? – The subtitle on the website got me. “Low power, low cost, maximum fun!” Racing a nugget seemed like a great way to socially have fun while comparing myself against other competitors and nuggets.
6) Why did you pick the car you have to be your Nugget vehicle of choice? – I didn’t choose nug life, nug life chose me. Like my previous car I owned I was given the Echo for free! Besides the Echo(Vitz/Yaris) has racing pedigree in other countries so it was as if destiny brought us together to race.
7) What is your favourite thing/feature about your Nugget? – It’s an ECHO-nomical car (thanks Henry L), gets about 550-600km before I have to refill.
8) Funniest thing about your Nugget (usually something that’s broken or doesn’t work properly if you have one) – I tell everyone that my car has a sunroof but it’s a manual sunroof that doesn’t work.
9) A random fact about you (can be anything you want!) Yep you read the name right, Blandon. It’s Brandon but with a L! Very bland indeed. I also pretend I’m a rally driver and randomly shout pace notes at known roads hence race car name sticker on the car.