KNOW YOUR NUGGET:
Introducing Harry and Nugget Nationals first Holden Nug!
1. Name – Harry Toumbos
2. Nugget car of choice – 2002 Holden Barina Brocky edition
3. Other cars you own or have owned – Another Barina, Mazda 2, E28 525e, Opel Astra GTC, EG Civic 1.3l
4. How did you hear about Nugget Nationals? – I heard about Nugs through a friend who knew vague details, but didn’t know the name of the series etc. I think I actually found out about the series early in 2015 on Instagram.
5. What made you want to join Nugget Nationals? – As soon as I heard the general concept of low cost, tight regs, and racing in cars I already like, I knew there would be potential for really tight racing, and with a range of competitive chassis on the market to choose from it’s interesting to see what everyone can get out of their cars.
6. Why did you pick the car you have to be your Nugget vehicle of choice? – My first car was a Barina, so I guess the fact that I’m pretty familiar with the car was the main reason, but I was also pretty chuffed to see that mine is the first Barina Nug.
7. What is your favourite thing/feature about your Nugget? – My favourite feature was probably the ability to hide drugs under the stock shift boot. Seeing as that’s gone though, the flared guards get me hot.
8. Funniest thing about your Nugget? – The funniest thing about it are probably it’s purple Sprint Harts, and the fact that it’s just ticked over 60k.
9. A random fact about you – I have a cat named John Cleese